Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 13,2008 Gutzon Borglum

We're back in Rapid City and will be staying at Hart Ranch for a week while we see the sights.Today we went to Keystone and had lunch and then went to the Borglum Historic Center. Borglum was a great sculptor and was known for the faces on Mt. Rushmore. He also has done many other sculptures including the one of Lincoln seated. It's nice to see this site before going to Mt. Rushmore. Here's a photo of Lincoln.
We also went to the Rushmore Gold Outlet as we wanted to take their tour and I wanted a ring. While we were there Sam had his ring resized and I had some of my prongs fixed on mine. I also found a nice Black Hills gold ring for myself. They make all their own jewlery and they have some beautiful pieces. It was another busy day and we headed back to camp.

No comments: