Monday, August 16, 2010

Aug. 14,2010 Quebec City

We have arrived in Quebec City. We are parked at Walmart with other RVs and and just across the Quebec Bridge To Quebec City. The Dionne's (whom we meet earlier) are here also for a couple of days. Their daughter is a opera singer and is going to be giving a performance Mon.

We drove in to Quebec City and parked for the day to visit and explore the city. This has to be one of my favorite cities.Quebec City was founded in 1604 and is old and beautiful. This a very walkable city and is up and down hills.We walked up to the Citadel and took a tour around the area.

Citadel
This is still a working fort and they have guards at the entrance just like in London at Buckingham Palace.I didn't want to get too close.
There's lots of shops and restaurants along narrow streets.
Notre Dame Church
Next is the Hotel Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac.One of the most photographed Hotels in the world. Absolutely beautiful.

We had a great time in Quebec City and loved all the history and the quaint streets. After a full day we headed back to the rv. Later that evening I took a tumble and landed on my back and hit the back of my head. I had a big knot on my head and a huge bruise on my backside. I was coming out of the rv and tripped on the steps and down I went.Thank goodness I didn't hit the curb but landed on the grass.It knocked me for a loop and I was thankful I didn't break anything or worse.Just hard headed I guess.Sam was out talking to our friend Antone and came running. This was the worse fall I've had and hope it doesn't happen again.Next back to the states.

No comments: